Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Rack Attack

You might have been wondering... Is it possible to put two kayaks, two pair of skis, a pack and play, stroller, gear for kayaking and backcountry skiing, baby gifts, a car seat (including passenger), large dog, wife and crazy husband in a VW passat wagon. The answer my friends is YES! Thanks to Rack Attack in Portland we now have a Rocket box to add to our Yakima rack addiction. We drove home with all of the afformentioned gear and the dog in the cargo area this weekend. That is right, for Mother's Day we got a Rocket box and a new kayak?! You might be thinking "what the heck?" This just means that for Father's day we'll be getting spa manicures, shopping and watching chick flicks all night with face masks on. Duff looks great in green so the avocado mask will be suiting for him. HEHE. I wish I would have taken a picture of the insanity that surrounded our car this weekend but in all of my enthusiasm I couldn't manage to bust out the camera. Next time. We are still unpacking and I think the garage will soon be lost to the gear and rack part addiction. Good thing it is getting warm out so I don't have the excuse that I need to park the car inside to keep it somewhat warm. Maybe I'll post a pic of the garage. It looks like REI for real. I am thinking we should be trying for more "sponsorship" and less paying full price for gear. Here enters Denali. With a name like that who wouldn't want to sponsor. They don't have to know that she won't be able to use any of the gear for 10+ years. hey maybe for now we could get sponsored by chariot the incredible extreme baby stroller company. HMMMM I might look into it. :)

5 comments:

Billie said...

Too funny. Somehow I have a feeling that's the life we'll be living soon, too. Ooh, good idea. about Denali..maybe that's how Jon and Duff can finally get sponsored by K2 :)

Nicole said...

And here I thought only those of us from the "North Country" knew about REI...I mean, the cold-weather gear, that is...cute story. I esp like the part about Father's Day...the spas are waiting for you. By the way, thanks for the cleaning advice...I bought some Simple Green (what a terrible smell!) and it worked like a charm! Disaster averted.

Billie said...

Hey... speak for yourself... I already am sponsored... Duff and I both are... now, maybe if you (Billie) and Vicki would pose with some bikini's by some skis, wearing some moon boots at St Anton... then maybe you guys can get sponsored... in the meantime Duff and I will continue our quest for immortality on the "Public Enemies"... ok.. guess I can't talk tough and blog...

Vicki said...

No bikinis for me, small children might have nightmares. Adults might have nightmares. :) We took the chariot for the first drive today and she looked so cute I am sure we can get her sponsored. Sorry Billie, it will be you alone in a bikini. I'm gettin my money out of this little one.

Billie said...

Vicki- you won't be seeing me in a bikini!! And Jon...you're gonna just have to keep getting the skis and pass them down to me!