Wednesday, July 18, 2007

When to Run




That is the question. I have my new schedule all hammered out thanks to Billie and Margaret. I wrote it in my new little planner. I got dressed in my running clothes, should have breakfast first right. I read somewhere that you burn more calories if you eat before you work out. I think it was in that Body For Life book. So then I have to do the dishes, the dog is barking, the baby needs to be dressed. Aha 10:30am and I am ready to run. Truth be told I was supposed to run yesterday but there were severe weather warnings for ALL DAY down here. So got the baby in the buggy, put my hat on, got the dog in the mix and we are off. PHEW, it is already 85 stinking degrees out and the sun is beating down like a lazor searing my skin. No, 10:30 in the morning is not the time to run. Later they predict thunder and lightening showers. Yesterday it was 79 degrees at 8pm. Seriously I am going to need to go to the gym because I am not that woman that can wake up at O-dark-30 and put on the running shoes and go. I would fear for my husbands life if he so much as spoke a word to me in the early am. The gym on post is free just a matter of what to do with the kid while I workout. I might have to go at like 9pm when she is asleep and the hubby can watch her. Well I will have to ponder that one a bit but never fear, I did the alotted cross training for 30 minutes today now I just have to find time to run tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute picture, Vicki. You look great! Keep it up!