I am such a shammer. I didn't run at all last week. I excused myself for the heat on Monday, the big dinner on Wednesday and Friday... the weather again. For shame. I did get back to the market so food is on the up and up and church had a good message this week about Father's day. So next week it is up to 3 miles. I am not even going to go easy on myself and start slow. Oh no I have to pay for my laziness and lack of commitment. How am I ever going to rock the casbah in January if I don't get these little feet out the door to run?! I just have to keep telling myself, "Rock the Casbah, Rock the Casbah."
Maybe I need to invest in an MP3 player so I don't feel so lame singing to myself as I run. I do have Best Buy points. I could create a running mantra. That's the ticket. I will have music, maybe even lights (I am thinking a strobe headlamp might do) and then running will be fun. It will be like a party on the go. Anyone want to join?!
2 comments:
GET YOUR BUTT OUT THE DOOR! I do have a blinking running light we can attach to you. In Texas, so many people ran before the sun came up to beat the heat, that they handed out little blinkie lights at many races to be used while running in the dark. I can dig one out for you. Can't help with the MP3 player. I ran 3 this morning, because YOU TOLD ME WE WERE DOING 3 THIS WEEK, so you better get out there and do 3. Miss you tons, Shamu!
I have no idea how you run without music. I mean, I can do it if I HAVE to. Even in Iraq I figured out a way to attach my headphones to my sportsbra so I could still chill to a little Jack Johnson. Listening to Jack a the end of a run just does something to a person!
Post a Comment