So I had a little sit down with my homemade iced latte today. I have been a bit down in the dumps off and on over the past couple of years. It has been a big challenge for me not to have a tangible goal to work on and achieve. The little checking off the "to-do" list doesn't cut it. So I decided that I am going to give myself the best year of my life for my 30th birthday. That gives me exactly one year to practice all of the skills and traits I'll need to make it a spectacular year. I have started running and I am seriously considering a half marathon this winter in Morocco. Anybody want to join?! I have also loaded Microsoft Money on to my new laptop so I can start the whole budget thing again. I really feel good when I can stick to a budget and still have fun and get little treats. I am going to work on thinking of 10 positive things each day and little acts of optimism to keep those blues at bay. We started going back to church and wouldn't you know the pastor here is going to follow me back home to Europe this fall. If that isn't a sign?! With no long term tangible goals besides making a happy and healthy life I am going to set off on this journey. I will need some support for sure so feel free to send me jokes, positive thoughts and come running with me either virtually or in the flesh. I am also looking for healthy recipes, fun things to do on the cheap with the family and great adventures that are must haves with a little one. Pardon my Pollyanna-ness as I embark on 365 days to 30.
Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek his grace. And then, when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest. Max Lucado
Friday, June 08, 2007
365 Days to 30
So I had a little sit down with my homemade iced latte today. I have been a bit down in the dumps off and on over the past couple of years. It has been a big challenge for me not to have a tangible goal to work on and achieve. The little checking off the "to-do" list doesn't cut it. So I decided that I am going to give myself the best year of my life for my 30th birthday. That gives me exactly one year to practice all of the skills and traits I'll need to make it a spectacular year. I have started running and I am seriously considering a half marathon this winter in Morocco. Anybody want to join?! I have also loaded Microsoft Money on to my new laptop so I can start the whole budget thing again. I really feel good when I can stick to a budget and still have fun and get little treats. I am going to work on thinking of 10 positive things each day and little acts of optimism to keep those blues at bay. We started going back to church and wouldn't you know the pastor here is going to follow me back home to Europe this fall. If that isn't a sign?! With no long term tangible goals besides making a happy and healthy life I am going to set off on this journey. I will need some support for sure so feel free to send me jokes, positive thoughts and come running with me either virtually or in the flesh. I am also looking for healthy recipes, fun things to do on the cheap with the family and great adventures that are must haves with a little one. Pardon my Pollyanna-ness as I embark on 365 days to 30.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WHAT?!?! It's your birthday???? Well, we will have to celebrate together in October. What sort of lame friend am I? Girl, this is my favorite post of yours. I can tell that a fire has been lit under your ass (with apologies to any moms who may read this) and that this is the year to GET IT DONE. I am so confident in you, and so lucky to have you as a friend as we go through all of this together. YOU ROCK, VICKI DUFFY!!!
A really wonderful long-term goal that can do nothing but lift your spirits and give you a truly rosey outlook on life is to spend the year getting to know all you can about Jesus Christ through His Word. It is amazing how much peace, joy, and contentment you will receive amidst any circumstance. Having been there before, we want to challenge ourselves to do the same. We'll pray to that end.
Love, Lori and Howard
P.S. Happy Birthday and we'll do a Pedi-Spa when you come back to Vancouver in the Fall.
Vicki,
Since the day I met you, you have been an inspiration to me. I was really touched by this posting, that you, an extremely motivated person, would vamp up the motivation and move toward something specific this year. It's great to hear that you consider church-going something to strive for. It has been a wonderful experience for us, providing the warmth of family, support, spiritual fulfillment, challenge and encouragement. We'll also be praying for your ambitious goals. Maybe I'll even start running... Morocco sounds like a cool place to visit.
Happy Birthday and be looking for a card in the mail!
Love, Nikki (Jack too!)
Post a Comment