Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek his grace. And then, when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest. Max Lucado
Monday, September 25, 2006
Sunny Side of Life
Today I woke up on the sunny side of the bed. I was greeted by my smiling daughter who quickly began singing. She loves to sing in the morning. I got us both up, put in a load of laundry, turned on the computer and went upstairs to make "breakfast." The caveat here is that breakfast is served promptly at 11am here. :) While I made myself some pancakes with Nuttella and peanut butter I was serenaded by my blooming musician. I thought to myself "I should make myself a frufie coffee drink." I got out my cool-a-ccino mix and my International Coffee Hazelnut mix. I grabbed the soy milk (trying to be healthy here). Put in the mix, put in the milk and began stirring. I noticed that there were pebbles of cafe mix floating in my glass. I stirred faster and with more vigor. To no avail. Then I was reminded of a Friends episode where Chandler and Ross can't go to the coffee house so they try to make "cappuccino" at home. They have to stir continuously (even while drinking) their enjoyable beverages. I laughed out loud and kept stirring. Take a drink, stir, take a drink, stir. Then we went back downstairs to upload some new photos. I smelled this horrible poopy smell. I wafted toward punkie, not her. I went over to the dog and scolded him for being smelly. Bad stinky dog must have gotten into something. The smell grew stronger and stronger. I went upstairs thinking maybe a certain husband forgot to flush the potty. I flushed it without opening it (you never know). Still smelly... then it hit. WHEW holy cow. I couldn't breath, I wanted to gag. It is field plowing season here in farm country. For those of you who have visited you might remember the incredibly strong stench of sewie. That is right, we are living 100 ft from a farm plot now covered with pig poo. Oh joy. I lit my caramel/vanilla home candles, shut all of the windows and went back downstairs. I apologized to the dog and sat down at the computer. Here I am, refusing to let anything rain on my sunny day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Duffys! Hi guys-- I am enamored with the babe... she's so cute! I am also so very jealous that you are back in Germany. How are you loving it this time around??! Vicki, please send me your email address, as I have had problems posting on this page before. Other than that, we look forward to hearing from you guys! Love, Mary and Jeff Kahler
You crack me up!! It looks like you guys are happy and healthy! Have a great weekend!!
Love, Karri
Vicki,
It sounds like you 3 are always on the go. I love to look at your pictures. Little duffy is gorgeous with her bright blue eyes! Can you believe Isabella and Denali are coming up on 6 months? Talk to you later, Ana
Ha Ha Ha. Poor Denali, Chief and Duff getting blamed. :) I do however remember that time of year but luckily we didn't live so close to it. Typical 'country' living though. :)
Post a Comment