
Okay so it is a little cliche, but true, so very true. We are coming up on one month until our baby is due to arrive. I have been nesting. This is just like what you might have seen on the discovery channel. I am wildly gathering bits here and there that we will need for our new little baby. I am storing up on food and naps so that I can be there for her every waking moment. I have been sewing up a storm. Blankets enough to cover the livingroom floor. Granted half of them are gifts for all of my pregnant friends. Still, I have taken on the official duties of housewarming party coordinator, creator and conductor. I have packed the hospital bag for me and Duff and one for the baby. I have included all of the essentials and a few niceties (gum, non perishable snacks, DVD's in case the audience is getting bored with my performance). Duff on the other hand has flown the nest. He is out searching for any last minute things that he might need to stock pile in his cave of toys to get him through the "hibernation period" of the first month of fatherhood and the following year of sandstorms. :) You might wonder how buying these things that he might not be able to use for over a year is an effective way of stocking the cave. One might think to stock the cave with food, sleep, love, things that might be useful in 145 degree weather. No way Jose. These things will be useful in 145 degree weather. He can slip into his new thermo fitted high speed, highly expensive, should just take the mountain for you without any effort, Garmont boots and Mt. Baker edition randonee fatty skis while watching his Matchstick production ski videos (thanks Jon :) ) and dream of the life that he will have after mandatory "hibernation" is over. He can "hibernate" in style in his highly breathable, waterproof, wind proof, soft shell from Whistler. Eating and sleeping are for the weak. Stocking up on gear is of utmost importance in this delicate race against the clock. Tick, tock, tick, tock. Can you hear it just saying "Your time is almost up. The fun will soon be over." He is saving the new kayak for a "coming home" gift. That way it won't have collected any dust before making it's first runs in the crystal blue waters of the Soca river in Slovenia. I might have to start sewing a harness or two for the transition from "hibernation" to Wild Bill Duffy Adventure style.
2 comments:
Your welcome Vick... duff saved my life the first time with our collection of "keep me cool" videos, which as amazing as it sounds our temperature was reduced by 15 degrees when watching the ski and kayak videos... and yes... gear is important... and you MUST buy when you can, I mean come on... when he comes back he's gonna have to buy formula, and stay awake pills, and diapers, pampers... so he's definitely in the right mindset... (though i think i just ruined it for me :) )... and he better plan on me being on the Socha trip... Billie can hang out with you wiping up slober and that other white stuff all babies seem to foam out of the mouth with... Duff... wear your kevlar in the delivery room... it will protect you, and camel back, to stay hydrated... I recommend the rubber boots and maybe even the JS-LIST... :) pro mask won't help though... but it will make the baby cry right away... I love ou guys and miss you... ruuuufff, rffff ruuuuuuff... (that's something between chief and I...)
While your hubby's "toy/fun clock" is ticking Jon's "paternal clock" is ticking louder and louder and faster and faster!!! I think it's about to explode, actually!
-Billie
Post a Comment