Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek his grace. And then, when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest. Max Lucado
Monday, April 06, 2009
Whatcha Gonna Do?
So I have been biting my nails, eating my weight in junk food and sewing everything in site. I just heard back from the gal about the job and she wants to check my references. That might sound great to you all but I haven't actually been employed since 2004. Kinda hard to have professional references when you move all the time, your bosses move all the time and you haven't been employed in years. So in addition to being a geographic single parent, trying to keep house (a loosing battle for me) and planning 2 birthdays and Easter...I am worrying about finding three people who will say that I am at least employable. Ha. As my friend Becki says "You can't die on every mountain." To me that means take-out and relax tomorrow night, bare minimum housework and let the girls eat dirt if they want.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
M can make some helpful soil recommendations if they need them ;-)
Use me as a referrence - or someone you have volunteered with. Volunteer work is VERY legit for filling in those unemployed times!
When do you hear back again? I'm dying to know!
Post a Comment