Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek his grace. And then, when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest. Max Lucado
Monday, June 02, 2008
My Outdoor Retreat
Recently I have taken on quite a bit of responsibility. As if the underlying things that we put on ourselves just because it is who we are isn't enough, I went out and added to my plate. Hard to say no when your husband is as cute as mine. Well I decided that I needed to add a place of happiness to balance out the stress. While Duff was home on his R and R I made him dig out an extension to the patio. Last week I bought new outdoor cushions, planted flowers, tomatoes and got a sandbox for the kids. I love it. It is so perfect to sit outside and have a glass of lemonade, tea or whatever, watch the kids play and relax. I am going to test it's capacities with a group of ladies getting together for a summer solstice coffee. Wish me luck. I'll take pictures so you all can see the patio in action.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love it!!! I'm so jealous :)
Great pics of one of my favorite places in A-town.
Post a Comment