Saturday, May 10, 2008

This One's For the Mothers

Happy Mother's Day to all of our moms, our surrogate moms and friends that are moms (or ones who sometimes had to act as our moms for us). Cards will be late, what's new. More pictures will be coming with them so hang in there but for now here are a couple shots of me and the girls at the zoo this week. Sometimes I catch myself saying "What, I am a mom?! How did that happen and where has the time flown?" Less than a month to my 30th (going to be my best year ever remember). I feel like I blink and half the day is gone and the next one is right on it's tail. In a way that is nice because that means that Duff will be here before I know it. But man I could take a few days where you feel like you get a weeks worth of stuff done and it is only noon. Of course it might help if I got out of my pajamas before noon to actually do something :)
Cheers to you all. I'll save the sappy poems and quotes for another occasion. Have a cup of coffee, tea, bourbon, whatever your favorite drink is and relax for a couple minutes in honor of yourselves.






      That last one is just to prove that trying to get a 2 year old to sit, look at the camera and smile was not as easy as it looks in the other pics. We had to take a couple dozen just to get one or two to look decent. Barbara was very patient. Her girls on the other hand didn't understand why they weren't allowed in the Duffy girl family pictures. Why not?! Add a couple more. :)

      2 comments:

      Kelly said...

      Happy Mother's Day! I hope you're able to grab a little bit of relaxation from your double dose of motherhood!

      Life is Good said...

      Happy Mommy's Day! You look beautiful and very happy! Enjoy the girls and have a wonderful day!