Friday, August 03, 2007

The Sweetest Things

I have to admit that at least once everyday my daughter reminds me that life is good and that love will surpass all else. I was in a huff, the baby was following me around with the dog leash in hand (her new favorite thing to do is walk Chief) I had to put in some laundry, do some dishes that were causing a fowl smell in my kitchen and try to clean up the living room/disaster area. I caved. Okay, we'll take the dog for a walk. This is not an easy process anymore. She doesn't want to ride in the stroller or hold my hand. She wants to hold on to the dog leash. Bad part is that he outweighs her by nearly 4 times. So I have to fight her to think pushing the stroller is a good idea, then the dog runs off. It is blistering hot out and there is a looming fear of snake sightings in my head. We get to the wash, I convince her to go in the stroller, the dog runs off. I feel a terrible stinging in my ankle. OUCH. A fire ant bite. The little sucker didn't' want to get off my shoe either so I took it off to flick him off but then I was afraid that standing still would result in more ant bites so I am hoping on one foot pushing the stroller flicking at this ant that will not give in down a dirty road in 95 degree heat and full sun. That is when I saw the cutest little foot prints in the dirt. I thought "Maybe someone else is walking their little one. This could mean that I could have adult interaction before 7pm woohoo." I started to follow the little prints and then realized they were hers. They were in the spot where the mud puddles had been yesterday. They looked like one of those dance step maps. Here there and everywhere. They were so sweet and really innocent. Got the ant off, put the shoe back on and went on my way smiling the whole time.

Mambo # 5

Doing the dut dut pigeon

Dancing Nancy

The view from the wash where we walk

No comments: