Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek his grace. And then, when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest. Max Lucado
Thursday, September 08, 2011
A house is not a home
Maybe I should have titled this post "It takes a village to unpack 10,000lbs." I am sure that all of you who have spent time as spouses on the move can relate to the turmoil of moving, choosing a house based on what you remembered your stuff to look like and then feeling like "OH HECK NO" when it all arrives. The bedroom looks like a palace with nothing in it and something off of a DIY help show when it is packed wall to wall with boxes both packed and half unpacked. I am not sure but I may have increased my sister's satisfaction with her life merely by having her help me unpack part of mine. My brother in-law was amazing with drilling and moving heavy boxes. My mom came and whipped my kitchen into shape while "Bobo" placated the children for an entire weekend. All of that makes me so thankful for my family being near. I can't imagine having done this by myself. I am sure it would have been a 3-4 month project if I kept chipping away at a box or two a night. Now it is up to me to get the bedroom and rest of the garage unpacked so that I can find my boots and park the car indoors just in time for rainy season. This weekend I am taking some time away from the unpacking to enjoy a walk on the beach, a glass or two of wine and maybe even a day on a friend's boat. Cheers to making a house a home and to celebrating little milestones along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment