So it seems that as an adult birthdays just don't have that luster. Case in point my dad is having a birthday today and last night my mom says "I can't think of what to get him he doesn't seem to want or need anything." I am the same way. Unless I write down a list of things that I have been wanting but won't buy for myself I often time say "I don't want anything." I think the bigger you get the more little things matter. Denali called Bobo and asked him what kind of cake he wanted so we are going to bake a yummy chocolate cake (thanks to Jess and Marg for the recipes). I think we might go listen to some live music and just relax. What a great way to end a year and begin another. Just relaxing with family. This weekend we went out on the boat with all 4 of us kids and the grandkids. It was really nice. We've been eating outside on the deck taking turns cooking dinner for the family. Duff started "birthday week" when we got married. I think out of the need to cover up not having what he wanted to give me on the actual day. :) I love the idea that your birthday week is a week of celebration so as to include a weekend and a few days around the actual day to reflect, receive and relax. Parties, cakes, drinks, princess treatment are all great bonuses. So Dad, treat yourself like a princess, throw back a margarita and eat vegan chocolate cake until your stomach aches.
Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek his grace. And then, when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest. Max Lucado
Thursday, August 07, 2008
Happy Birthday Bobo
So it seems that as an adult birthdays just don't have that luster. Case in point my dad is having a birthday today and last night my mom says "I can't think of what to get him he doesn't seem to want or need anything." I am the same way. Unless I write down a list of things that I have been wanting but won't buy for myself I often time say "I don't want anything." I think the bigger you get the more little things matter. Denali called Bobo and asked him what kind of cake he wanted so we are going to bake a yummy chocolate cake (thanks to Jess and Marg for the recipes). I think we might go listen to some live music and just relax. What a great way to end a year and begin another. Just relaxing with family. This weekend we went out on the boat with all 4 of us kids and the grandkids. It was really nice. We've been eating outside on the deck taking turns cooking dinner for the family. Duff started "birthday week" when we got married. I think out of the need to cover up not having what he wanted to give me on the actual day. :) I love the idea that your birthday week is a week of celebration so as to include a weekend and a few days around the actual day to reflect, receive and relax. Parties, cakes, drinks, princess treatment are all great bonuses. So Dad, treat yourself like a princess, throw back a margarita and eat vegan chocolate cake until your stomach aches.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy b-day Gary!
Post a Comment