Friday, October 19, 2007

The Scottish Treat

We went over to our good friends the Thompson's house for dinner. I asked what she would be serving and was SHOCKED when she said Haggis. Possibly the shock stemmed from her previously being totally vegetarian. Maybe it was me and my "Do people really eat that?" thought process. It could have been knowing what is actually in the Scottish treat. After the initial shock wore off I found the whole thing quite funny. It was all I could do to not bust out with a few of the millions of great lines from So I Married an Axe Murderer. Fiona was nice enough to serve the Haggis out of the stomach that it would normally be displayed in. I think she was taking pity on my still weak stomach. Duff said it wasn't too bad and everyone but me and Denali had seconds (We didn't venture down the firsts road) again the weak stomach.


I will get the poem that is meant to be recited as the Haggis is served in a proper Scottish tradition and post it too.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I don't blame your for limiting your adventurousness during this "weak stomach" stage. Have you been sick much? Is the stage winding down? Can't wait to see the poem.